SAN CLEMENTE, Calif., March 8, 2016 – After a one-year hiatus, SURFER Magazine is pleased to announce that the Oakley Surf Shop Challenge is back! The regional qualifying series will kick off on March 25 at Seaside Reef in Cardiff, Calif. and stop in North Carolina, New Jersey, Florida, Northern California and Southern California before its conclusion on July 7 or 8 at Ala Moana Bowls, South Shore, Hawaii.
The storied and unique event series pits four-man surf shop teams (two shop pros and two shop employees) against each other. The winning team from each of the seven regional qualifiers will win an all-expense-paid trip to Southern California to compete in the National Championship for a $5,000 prize purse, grand prize trip to the 2016 SURFER Poll at Turtle Bay on the North Shore of Hawaii and title of America's Most Core Surf Shop.
The 2016 Oakley Surf Shop Challenge Schedule:
• March 25 – Southwest – Seaside Reef, Cardiff, Calif.
• April 11/12 – Mid-Atlantic – Nags Head, Outer Banks, NC
• April 14/15 – Northeast – Manasquan Inlet, NJ
• April 18/19 – Southeast – Paradise Beach Park, Melbourne, Fla.
• May 26/27 – Northwest – Pleasure Point, Santa Cruz, Calif.
• June 3 – West – 54th or 56th Street – Newport Beach, Calif.
• July 7/8 – Hawaii – Ala Moana Bowls, South Shore, Haw.
• Fall 2016 – National Championship – Southern California