WHAT’S AT STAKE?
The winner of the GoPro Wildcard Contest will be awarded a trip (and the final spot) to compete in the OSSC National Championships at Playa Colorado’s in Nicaragua.
WHO GETS TO COMPETE?
All teams who compete in Oakley Surf Shop Challenge regional locations will have a last chance opportunity to punch their ticket to the National Championships at Playa Colorado in Nicaragua.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
During check-in at your regional stop, your team captain will receive a GoPro Wildcard Contest kit containing a new GoPro camera and various accessories.
Your team will have 30-days from the date of your regional Shop Challenge event to submit a 60 second edit.
Deadline for all teams to submit a 60 second edit is August 31, 2018!!
- Video must be 100% shot on GoPro
- Video must be 50-60 seconds
- Video must open with the supplied OSSC Wildcard title bumper
Video’s are subject to each shop’s creativity and the main judging component will be overall entertainment value but areas to focus on include:
- Shop name, territory/location, history
- Team members (bios, shop employee or pro, etc.)
- Surfing from each contestant
- Local surf community
- Why your team deserves the final spot at nationals
Within 30-days of your regional event, the video MUST be posted to your shop’s INSTAGRAM account with tags #surfshopchallenge #OSSCwildcard @oakleysurfing @surfer_magazine.
30-days after each stop, three (3) videos will be selected from each region’s submissions and placed in a semi-finalist pool for a total of eighteen (18) videos. Video selection will be based on likes/views/engagement and creative content.
From the semi-finalist pool of (18) videos, Oakley team rider Seabass will select six (6) finalist videos (one per region) to be posted on surfermag.com and surfshopchallenge.com where an audience vote will designate the official winner of the GoPro Wildcard Contest.
The final (6) videos will be posted for audience vote from 9/20-9/30. The winner of the GoPro Wildcard Contest will be announced on 10/1.
WILDCARD CONTEST TIPS:
- Get your video done quickly! Video submissions will not be accepted after 30 days.
- Get your followers to like it!
- Make it fun and creative!
- It’s not always about the best surfing, but the best submission and content!